Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Farmers' Market

I went to the farmers' market on Saturday, 14 July.

It was held in Martin Luther King Jr. Way. When I arrived there, I could see a lot of white tents which standed in a row. On the other side, the white tents standed in a circle on the grass. Looking around the tents, there were hand-made accessories, fruits, vegetables and even fishes. The farmers' market was so similar with Korean traditional markets that I was surprised! There were also several singers who sat on the grass and street with their guitars.

After looking around all the tents, I was seated on the grass and ate some peaches that I  bought. Many people were taking rest on the grass and the mood were so peaceful.

Berkeley Farmers' Market is held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays every week in different places respectively. On Saturdays, it is held in Center Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way at 10am - 3pm, in Derby Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way at 2pm -7pm on Tuesdays and in Shattuck Ave. and Rose Street at 3pm - 7pm on Thursday.







Go there and enjoy it! :D

by Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment