Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Universal Studio



Last weekend I went to LA. The journey was so long that it took me almost 8 hours to get there. But it turned out that it worth it, since I really had a lot of fun in Universal Studio.
I arrived in Universal Studio at 10 am with 4 other friends from China. Weather in LA was really hot, fortunately I brought a shorts with me, which made me feel not that hot. There were a lot of theme parks that we could go and enjoy ourselves, however we need to queue for that. So we just visited 5 theme parks.
The first theme park we went to was the adventure in Shrek 4-D. Although it was an ogre-the-top adventure, it was for kids after all, it turned out not that exciting anyway.
The second theme park we went was The Mummy. It was inside-room roller coaster, which is really exciting. We sat on the seats, the roller coaster took us to a dark valley, and along the journey there were all kinds of mummies and horrific scenes. The roller coaster was not gentle you know, it always took us up and down in a really fast speed, kind of frightening, as if I was dying from jumping off the top of a high buildingWhen it came to an end, I made a deep breath-I was safe! Haha~
Then we went to the Jurassic Park. It didn’t scare me at all! I think this is for kids. But I still had a lot of fun seeing those faked giant dinosaurs chasing us, biting us and roaring, especially when water fell over our heads, pretty cool!
Next we went to see Transformers. It is a Ride-3D, which is an immersive, thrill ride, blurring the line between fiction and reality. I just sat on the car, and it took us into the movie world. I felt like I was sitting on the transformer, it was protecting us from enemy. They fighted with each other, with glass flakes flying to us. It drove in the city street. Sometimes we flied in the sky sitting inside the car which was dragged by the transformer, since street was narrow, the car we sit in would crash buildings, which we could feel. It felt like real, except every time I look forward seeing a lot of people sitting in front of me!
Last but not the least, we had a studio tour. We went behind the scenes and experienced Hollywood’s most famous Backlot in the world’s largest working movie studio. I visited 13 new city blocks. I saw how they make a flood, rain, snow and even earthquake!  I also learned how they fake an accident spot, which is quite easy, just a machine to make the car flying . they seemed real, but they are all faked. We also enjoy the immersive movie King Kong during the tour, preparing to be caught in the middle of a terrifying struggle between a 35-foot Rex and the 8th wonder of the world-king kong.
In fact we also went to watch the special effects. It was interesting to watch how film maker deal with animations and changing backgrounds, etc.
I left the Universal Studio at 7pm. But I still have some regrets since there are still some theme parks that I haven’t been to. What a pity!
If any of you want to go to universal studio, make sure you won’t miss the last one-king kong and transformer. They really worth to visit and have fun! Also a tip for you: you should go to the theme park that you want to go as early as possible, since it will take a lot of time waiting in the line during the afternoon!

I find it is difficult to insert a pivture`~so i will try tomorrow~
                                                  by Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment