Tuesday, July 17, 2012

AIDS Walk

The most impressive thing I experienced is that I joined the AIDS walk last weekend. AIDS walk is a big  annual activity that has been held for 25 years. Its main goal is raising money to help people suffering AIDS and trying to research cures of the terrible disease. Every year, thousands of people, celebrities and even DOGS from different backgrounds, races, ages all participate this events.




Participants of AIDS walk in San Francisco signed in as teams to donate money. After checking in, many important funders and even the actors in American series "Glee" delivered speeches.I felt touching, passionate, and positive.  I was very shocked by the number of participants and the devotion of the organizers. Besides, on the way, there were many stands giving us foods and drinks for free and many bands, orchestras performing. It was not that serious or boring I thought before. The walkers walked  in  the golden gate park about 10km. Though it was really a heavy task for me, with the encouragement of people, I finally get through of it. I even got a certificate! 
by Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment