Monday, July 2, 2012

Hi! This is Sandra:D

Hello, everybody! It's very cool to meet all of you from many countries!! My name is Sandra. I'm from Taiwan! This is my first time to the United States and also my first time to California! I love the weather here, because it's not so hot and humid like it is in Taiwan. Tasting and enjoying delicacies is my biggest interest! This photo is one of Taiwan's famous snacks---steamed sandwich! It's called "gua bau" in Chinese. A steamed sandwich is made by cutting a steamed bun into two pieces and put some pork, peanut powder, and vegetables inside it. It's just like Chinese hamburger! This photo was taken on a trip to Tainan, where has lots of delicious Taiwanese food. If you have some chances, you can come here and enjoy some special delicacies!

4 comments:

  1. Ondrej: The sandwich looks good. Is there a place in Berkeley where you can get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily:
    Oh, I have heard that there are a lot of delicious food in Taiwan, but i hav't been there . hope i can go there when i finish a lot of exams such GMAT, TOEFL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Floria: Wow! it looks nice! I think it tastes good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn: Hi Sandra! So glad to have the same class with you. This is also my first time to America, and I am a little bit nervous! But I still really expect the next several weeks. Wish you have a happy summer! Maybe we can meet when we get back to Taiwan. :)

    ReplyDelete