Thursday, July 26, 2012

Study Guide for Monday quiz:

Hello Everyone,
below is a list of potential topics for next Monday's quiz:

  • alcohol and drinking responsibly discussion
  • Yosemite video and John Muir reading
  • 1906 SF earthquake video and summary
  • Earthquake safety handout and discussion
  • 2nd conditional form and use
  • text message abbreviations
  • vocabulary posts going back to Monday of this week
  • reported speech rules and use

Of the questions answered on the blog, only the following will potentially be on the exam: #s 4,7,8,9,11,13,18. These are clearly answered on the blog. *I've reposted the questions below:

4. I'm not sure with using "as long as" in sentence. Could you give me some examples?
7. What is the difference between 'between' and 'among'?
8. I am wondering the differences among 'sometime', 'some time' and  'sometimes'. 
9. I would like to know the difference between "maybe" and "may be" and "everyday" and "every day". How do we use them in the sentence?
11. Do the ' rent' and 'borrow' have a same meaning in same context or situation? 
13. When I go store just for looking, the clerk always says like, "Is everything alright?" or "How are you doing?". When I heard that I always little embarrassed, because I don't need their help, I just want to look around the store. In that situation, what is the best respond to them?
18. Sometimes we use '-est', but sometimes we just add a 'most' in front of the superlative adjective. And for the word 'fast', we use 'the fastest' to represent the superlative adjective, while the word 'beautiful' is represented by 'the most beautiful'. I would like to know when to use '-est' or 'most'.

No comments:

Post a Comment